- 03-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Quality Control
- Somerset, KY, USA
- Full Time
Position Description: Quality Control Intern
Job Family: Administrative Support/ Interns
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We are seeking a qualified, safety minded, highly motivated individual to work as an intern who will gain an overall understanding of the major divisions of Hinkle Contracting Company, so that the intern can eventually be considered for a full time position within Hinkle Contracting Company. The selected candidate will be involved with and learn about various aspects of Hinkle Contracting Company. The focus of this intern will be Quality Control as it relates to Aggregates.
- The selected candidate will work through a 10 week planned course of work experience and study as it relates to QC.
- Learns accepted methods to inspect, sample, and test aggregates, asphalt, or other materials for the purpose of quality control;
- Learns to sample and test mixtures to stay in compliance with contract specifications and quality control tolerance;
- Learns to monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure our products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer;
- Becomes acclimated to preparing and recording accurate information; maintain test results database;
- Maintain all laboratory equipment, keeping track of all certification paperwork on lab scales and other equipment that requires annual re-certification.
- Follow quality control plans and guidelines as assigned;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Works closely with DOT personnel on selected projects.
- Follow all company policies and OSAH / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures;
- Assists in solving Quality Control related problems;
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Presents a final capstone project to leadership team at the end of Summer Internship.
- Minimum or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organization levels, including senior management;
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures;
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Excellent communication skills and professional personal presentation;
- Organizing; planning, and customer service orientation;
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance; and
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.