- Omaha, NE, USA
- $16.00 - $20.00
- Full Time
We offer competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
The Medical Equipment Service and Delivery Driver is responsible for driving to and from healthcare locations to complete delivery and equipment management tasks for a district office, including customer delivery and pick-up of medical equipment; processing, cleaning, inspecting, and testing equipment including inventory maintenance.
What You Will Do in This Role?
- Safely load, secure, and deliver medical equipment to customers. Retrieves equipment from customer locations, safely transporting the equipment back to the office.
- Educate and engage customers at the time of delivery, keeping customers informed on the features and functionality of the equipment
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation for billing, inventory, and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain records and logs related to deliveries and vehicle maintenance
- Obtain appropriate signatures to verify receipt of items delivered
- Operate assigned vehicle safely and efficiently
- Perform pre-safety checks and inspections of assigned vehicle
- Perform routine maintenance & servicing of vehicle
- Report major repairs, service needs, incidents or accidents to proper authorities
- Takes "on call" time on a predetermined, rotating basis during week and weekends
- Performs warehouse and office maintenance tasks as required
- Demonstrates timeliness, courtesy, sincerity and patience when working with clients
- Represents the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Background investigation(company-wide)
- Drug screen(when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver's license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, required
- Delivery experience, preferred
- Driving experience, required
- Experience working in healthcare, home health or the medical field, preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written
- Interpret a variety of communications (verbal, non-verbal, written, listening and visual)
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Mapping skills including ability to plan time-saving delivery routes
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to learn
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness to customers
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Available for on-call assignments as needed (after business hours &/or weekends)
- May be required to comply with OSHA Respirator Requirements, including but not limited to Medical Evaluations and Fit-Testing
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires lifting and transporting of patient equipment and or move full and empty cylinders
- Local travel via company vehicle required to patient's homes and/or delivery address for set-ups and recurring deliveries
- Requires the ability to load, push, pull and lift oxygen concentrators, oxygen tanks, portable oxygen units, positive airway pressure devices, wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, scooters, hospital bed parts, walkers, commodes and other home medical equipment and supplies in and out of location, warehouse, company vehicle, patient residence and/or delivery address
- Ability to push, pull, and move up to 75lbs
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Loading, unloading and proper tie down procedures of transported oxygen and other cargo as per company policy
- Operating the assigned company vehicle safely
- Operating vehicle mounted power lift or rail gates as required
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Understanding use of all applicable home medical equipment and supplies
Helget Home Care and Capital Medical are Nebraska based Durable Medical Equipment companies with over 50 years of experience serving Nebraska, Western Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. We are committed to providing the highest level of care to our surrounding communities and are a preferred provider for over 300 health insurance carriers. Our mission is to be the first choice for quality medical products and services. We offer competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with employer match, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
Commitment & Dedication, Honesty & Integrity, Team & Service to Others, Life Balance, Continuous Improvement