As a Medical Assistant you will work alongside physicians, social workers, case managers, and other healthcare professionals to assist patients who require extended care due to chronic, long-term illnesses and disabilities.
You will be traveling locally in the Omaha and Lincoln areas for a variety of rehabilitation centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities and long-term care facilities.
What You Will Do in This Role?
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Background investigation(company-wide)
- Drug screen(when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver's license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
- Nebraska Single State or, Out-of-State license
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree or Diploma from an accredited college or university in nursing required.
- Must be a Medical Assistant with current nursing license from Nebraska or a compact state recognized by the Nebraska Board of Nursing at the time of hire, and maintain the license in good standing throughout the course of employment.
- Experience with Electronic Health Care Records preferred.
- Experience in a health care environment that includes acute care, skilled rehabilitation, skilled nursing or long-term care preferred.
- Must be certified in basic life support/cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or complete certification within required time frames after employment; and once certification is achieved, it must be maintained throughout the course of employment.
- Will need a valid driver's license if doing a community referral assessment.
- Completion of pre-employment drug screen, criminal records check, and health review including physical abilities assessment.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a healthcare facility with skilled rehabilitation, skilled nursing and long-term care patients/residents.
- Assigned shifts may include varied days, hours, weekends, overtime, holidays, and emergency call-in.
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65 pounds.
- Extended periods of standing, walking, and bending with occasional periods of sitting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crouching, and balancing.
Helget Home Care and Capital Medical are Nebraska based Durable Medical Equipment companies with over 50 years of experience serving Nebraska, Western Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. We are committed to providing the highest level of care to our surrounding communities and are a preferred provider for over 300 health insurance carriers. Our mission is to be the first choice for quality medical products and services. We offer competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with employer match, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
Commitment & Dedication, Honesty & Integrity, Team & Service to Others, Life Balance, Continuous Improvement