The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for payment posting functions including, entering facility and hospice payments, patient and insurance payments, contractual allowances and other adjustments onto the patient's account and interpretation of Explanations of Benefits (EOBs)/Electronic Remittance Advice (ERAs) from insurance.
- Reviews and posts payments and write-off/adjustments from insurance and patients.
- Reviews Explanation of Benefits (EOBs)/ Electronic Remittance Advice (ERAs), payments, adjustments, insurance contracts and contracting system, insurance benefits, and all account comments.
- Applies knowledge of payer contracts and experience with insurance reviews to gather additional information as necessary.
- Posts and tracks electronic funds transfer (EFT) information and validates EFTs for accuracy.
- Completes daily posting.
- Provide assistance and backup to billers when needed, knowledge of medical insurance industry helpful.
- Knowledge of debits and credits, including how to interpret/process electronic remittance advices.
- Ability to enter data in accordance with established standards of timeliness, accuracy and productivity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records, and to use discretion with confidential data and sensitive information.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and critical thinking skills within the context of the assigned function, with a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, including professional telephone interactions.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Strong verbal and computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Brightree software beneficial, but not required.
Helget Home Care and Capital Medical are Nebraska based Durable Medical Equipment companies with over 50 years of experience serving Nebraska and Iowa. We are committed to providing the highest level of care to our surrounding communities and are a preferred provider for over 300 health insurance carriers. Our mission is to be the first choice for quality medical products and services. We offer competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with employer match, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
Commitment & Dedication, Honesty & Integrity, Team & Service to Others, Life Balance, Continuous Improvement