- Omaha, NE, USA
- Full Time
We offer competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
The HR Administrative Assistant provides office support to the Human Resources teams as well as the overall Operations department by maintaining personnel files, entering and maintaining payroll and benefits records, drafting correspondence, and performing various other administrative functions.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a remote/work from home opportunity.
- Maintain personnel records in a MS Access database, filing employee records, and auditing personnel files
- Input and maintain payroll records; assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data like absences, bonuses, and leaves
- Obtain, input and maintain benefits records; submit benefits documents to benefits providers
- Prepare paperwork for human resources policies and procedures
- Process employee requests and provide relevant information
- Manage the company directory of phone numbers and addresses
- Update human resources databases on new hires, separations, vacations, and sick leaves
- Assist with various compliance-related activities
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Team by scheduling interviews, greeting interviewees, and notifying interviewers of arrivals.
- Assist with background checks and the onboarding process for pre-hires to include creating personnel files, providing follow up on documentation.
- Assist with new hire orientations and tours
- Assist with the coordination of employee recognition events, activities, programs as requested, i.e. retirement events, Service Recognition, employee activities throughout the year.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Supports the publication of HR policies and procedures as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience supporting HR related functions
- Familiarity with regulatory bodies such as DOT, FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc. is highly preferred
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail