Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates, Inc. is an Employee-Owned, Multi-Discipline Design Build Engineering firm that is currently seeking a CWI/Structural Steel Inspector needed for our Waldorf, Maryland location. Responsibilities include inspection and testing of structural steel during erection on general commercial building sites. Daily communication is required with site contractors, other technicians and project managers. Must perform observations, inspections and tests of building construction projects and document findings in accordance with accepted engineering practice, but you should have a sound understanding of building construction practices. Experience with construction and structural steel erection and knowledge of AWS and AISC specifications desired. Certification as Level II in PT, MT and UT methods preferred. Knowledge of other trades such as soils, aggregates, concrete, fire proofing, EIFS, Wood framing inspections is a plus. Requirements:
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Participation in a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Reliable vehicle suitable for use on construction sites.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as required.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60-80 pounds
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering and construction plans/specifications.
- Basic math and computer skills.
Hillis-Carnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer