Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates is a top-tier, multi-disciplined engineering firm with a demonstrated history of success for the past 29 years (and counting!) Just ask Engineering News-Record who named us to its ranking of "Top 500 Design Firms in the Nation" for our continued rapid growth and success. Our achievements can be contributed to multiple facets, but above all we are successful because of our motivated employees who strive to make every day count. For this exact reason, we strongly believe in fostering teamwork, rewarding ambition, and providing opportunities for professional advancement.
As an Engineering Field Technician based out of our Bridgeville, PA location, you will directly play an integral role in the direct success of our organization. As part of this team, you will work in the field under minimal supervision or in collaboration with our knowledgeable, dynamic engineering staff on a wide variety of projects. Moreover, essential responsibilities will include:
- Field observation/inspection
- Sampling and testing of construction materials, followed by clear documentation of results.
- Some materials you may work with include (but are not limited to) soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt, and structural steel placement.
- Soil Mechanics/Laboratory testing
- Concrete cylinder strength testing
- Soil compaction testing using a nuclear density gauge
- Detailed daily report writing elaborating your day's duties and experiences
Direct experience and prior certifications (ACI, NECEPT, AWS, ICC, NICET, NRCA, etc.) are preferred but not necessary. We are also willing to provide company-paid training to help expand your skills to ensure full success and growth in this role.
- Reliable personal vehicle for construction sites/equipment
- Valid driver's license & Insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Participation in a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60-80 pounds (soil and concrete samples, nuclear gauges, etc.)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical procedures and use measurement tools.
- Proficient time management, multi-tasking, data logging, verbal and written communication skills
- ACI, NECEPT, NICET, AWS, ICC, NRCA certifications
- Concrete sampling and QC testing procedures (temperature, air, slump, unit weight, specimen casting, etc.)
- Soil sampling and soil mechanics laboratory testing experience
- Nuclear density gauge use
We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer an appealing benefit package. A few of these perks include: 100% Employer-Paid Benefits (Long-Term Disability, Basic Life & Employee Assistance Program), Health (W/ Health Savings Account Option), Disability, 401k w/ Company Match, Generous Compensation for Employee-Referrals, and more!
Need another reason to join in on the success? We offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in which employees are given shares in the company and the more successful the company is, the more valuable the shares become.
Want to grow with us? Apply Now!
Equal Opportunity Employer