Hillis-Carnes Engineering Associates is a top tier, multi-disciplined engineering firm with advanced capabilities in geotechnical and geostructural engineering, environmental consulting, specialty construction, construction materials engineering and testing, and third-party inspections. Why pick us...? We've been in the business for over 30 years, have expanded to 16 locations, AND for the past 4 years, Engineering News-Record named our company to its ranking of Top 500 Design Firms in the NATION for our continued rapid success and growth.
As a CWI/Structural Steel Inspector in our Philadelphia, PA office, you will work collaboratively to inspect and test structural steel during erection on general commercial building sites. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of building construction practices. Daily communication is required with site contractors, other technicians and project managers; strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for this position. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to- performing observations, inspections and tests of building construction projects followed by documenting findings in accordance with accepted engineering practice.
- At least 2 years' experience with construction and structural steel erection.
- WACEL Structural Steel certification REQUIRED.
- Certification as Level II in PT, MT and UT methods preferred.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Participation in a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Reliable vehicle suitable for use on construction sites.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60-80 pounds
- Ability to interpret engineering and construction plans/specifications.
- Knowledge of AWS and AISC specifications desired.
- Knowledge of other trades such as soils, aggregates, concrete, fire proofing, EIFS is a plus.
At HCEA, we promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment and reach their highest potential. We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market and we are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. A few of the perks we offer include: 100% Employer-Paid Benefits (Long-Term Disability, Basic Life & Employee Assistance Program), Health (W/ Health Savings Account Option), Disability, 401k w/ Company Match, Generous Compensation for Employee-Referrals, Tuition Reimbursement and many more!
Need another reason to join in on the success? We offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in which employees are given shares in the company, held in an outside trust. The more successful the company is, the more valuable the shares become.
Want to grow with us? Apply now!