- 15-Dec-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Software Engineering
- Canby, OR, USA
- Full Time
- A creator, marketer, seller and supporter of a SaaS CRM for Independent Insurance Agencies throughout the United States.
- Established and growing - we have been selling our client management system for 18 years and enjoying HawkSoft's newly built office building for our 75 employees. We broke through the 2000 customer mark in 2016.
- Family owned and family friendly - not beholden to investors when making business decisions and a culture that encourages work/life balance. A commitment to the 40-hour work week for our employees.
- Seeking an experienced Cloud Architect/Engineering Lead.
Do you find yourself longing to find a smaller, more intimate development environment to work in?
HawkSoft is uniquely situated to afford that for you. While small enough to provide a close knit environment, we are large enough to offer a competitive salary and benefits along with a structured development process to make sure your work is productive and meaningful.
Hawksoft lives its core values:
- Work to live, Don't live to work
- Sense of Community
- Deliver and Exceptional Experience
- For the Good of All
We offer a variety of Benefits and Perks:
- Coverage: 4 Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance plans offered
- 100% Company paid Life, AD&D, short and long term disability
- PTO: Exceptional PTO/Vacation time
- Performance Reviews: Yearly performance & compensation reviews
- Flexible Hours: Flexible hours allows you to have a great balance of work and life.
- Ample free parking
- Discount on gym membership
- Education: We offer great tuition reimbursements and encourage our staff to continue to grow in their careers.
- 401K: We help you save for retirement. Join the plan in 90 days with a company match.
- Casual Attire: Be comfortable when you work
- Work/Life Balance: Our management team truly supports our core value of Live to work not Work to live.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing appropriate technical solutions to address complex business opportunities, evaluating and selecting technologies, and collaboratively gaining organizational commitment to your proposed technical designs.
- Designing and implementing plans for developing, managing and maintaining software ecosystems.
- Researching emerging technologies and making recommendations that will increase future cost effectiveness, system flexibility, performance and capability.
- Making recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives to existing components.
- Maintaining and enhancing the technical capability of the team.
- Validating and prioritizing the technology roadmap with the product owners and product managers
- Defining technical requirements and creating architectural specifications that demonstrate feasibility, illustrate desired functionality, explain the integration with existing systems/platforms, and the technical methodology necessary to delivering the next feature.
- Working with application engineers to understand the legacy code base and how best to modernize it.
- Implementing appropriate processes and tools to ensure the smooth operation of the development process.
- Progressively documenting the company's new technology portfolio
- Working with product managers and engineers to create sprint backlog items that are clearly defined, appropriately scoped, and include clear success / acceptance criteria.
- Providing architectural expertise, oversight, direction, and assistance to a team of software engineers, product managers and technology management throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Leading the selection and adoption of appropriate technical tools and processes, and establish standards to ensure the efficient development, delivery and maintenance of high-quality code.
- Serving as a technical resource and mentor, and providing guidance to junior members of the team.
- Working collaboratively with the product manager during the sprint planning process, and scrum master during sprints to ensure the team knows what to do next and to remove technical obstacles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (in order of importance):
- 3+ years supporting an Azure infrastructure
- Expertise in C# and .NET 2.0+ (we are currently on 3.1 moving to .NET 5)
- Experience building high-performance Web APIs using REST or RPC-based patterns
- Familiarity with web-based, client-side UI development (we use Vue.js)
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps (including Build and Release pipelines)
- Basic understanding of agility-based software development methodology and process.
- Strong knowledge of software and data security principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science/engineering or information systems. This requirement may be satisfied with 12+ years relevant work experience.
- Certifications in software development, systems architecture, or enterprise architecture are desired.