- Holliston, MA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Short term and Long term disability, 401k, Vision, Great Culture/People
About Harvard Bioscience Harvard Bioscience is a leading developer, manufacturer and seller of technologies, products and services that enable fundamental research, discovery, and pre-clinical testing for drug development. Our customers range from renowned academic institutions and government laboratories, to the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology and clinical research organizations. With operations in North America and Europe, we sell through a combination of direct and distribution channels to customers around the world. We are a publicly-traded company (NASD:HBIO) with around $116M in revenues in 2019. We have operations in the US, Germany, UK, China, Spain and Sweden as well as distributors throughout the world. A career with Harvard Bioscience ("HBIO") is an experience where our employees are energized and aligned to our purpose – Solutions to advance life science. Harvard Bioscience, the parent company of multiple brands, including Harvard Apparatus, Inc, is an innovative manufacturer and distributor of scientific research tools for the life science market.
The Opportunity Harvard Bioscience is in the early stages of an exciting transformation in its business strategy. The company has been built over the years into a "portfolio of brands" with several prominent products each having extremely loyal customers. With a new leadership team of smart, dynamic and experienced executives in place, we see an opportunity to drive significant organic growth - by leveraging and expanding our deep customer relationships at the brand level through strategic cross-selling of adjacent products. On top of that we are seeking to expand our portfolio through inorganic growth
The Role The website content manager will be responsible for all website related tasks with focus on the technical aspects. This will require planning, designing, developing and maintaining new and existing websites. Strategize ways to improve company websites.
- Work with Director Marcom, Digital Marketing Program Lead, and agency to consolidate 20+ HBIO web properties into a new singular website under the HBIO brand
- Communicating and prioritizing task for external web vendors
- Developing new functionality on websites
- Communicating requirements and requests with stakeholders
- Managing and implementing web / digital content from content providers
- Maintaining websites on a content, technical, and security level
Educational and/or Experience and/or equivalent
- BS Degree in digital marketing or equivalent
- 5+ years experience
- Object oriented programming knowledge, experienced in large software projects (e.g. contributing to large open source projects)
- Experience in Drupal, Magento, WordPress is a plus
- Screen design skills for website template and page layouts
- DevOps skills in Linux server and shell
- Familiarity using Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Source code control with Git
- Problem solving ability
The compensation plan includes a highly competitive base salary plus incentive-plan bonus, and an attractive equity incentive opportunity.
The position will be based in the Boston, Massachusetts area; financial assistance for relocation will be provided.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERAN/DISABILITY
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.