- Hapeville, GA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Optional Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Retirement and Pension, Other
The City of Hapeville is seeking Code Enforcement Officers to investigate complaints and violations, enforce city codes and ordinances, educate the public about code enforcement through programs and seminars, issue citations when necessary, abate non-compliant properties and manage animal control throughout the city.
Hourly Pay: $17.99 minimum
- Patrols the City daily to inspect for potential code violations; ensures proper maintenance of private and commercial property, proper disposal of old appliances/trash, removal of inoperative vehicles, and removal of illegal signs; determines compliance or non-compliance with codes; meets with property owners to discuss violations; issues code compliance notices and official correction notices to inform violators of discrepancies and compliance deadlines; issues citations/summonses to cite violators to court; serves citations via certified mail or in person; testifies in court as needed; and performs follow-up site inspections as needed.
- Responds to complaints of City code violations and investigates possible infractions, including codes relating to business licenses, dilapidated housing and other structures, signs, parking, health/sanitation, non-permitted use, property rental, or other issues; conducts site visits to determine validity of complaints or to enforce codes; interviews witnesses and gathers information.
- Interprets and enforces the provisions of applicable federal, state, and local codes, laws, rules, regulations, specifications, standards, policies and procedures; provides information and technical assistance concerning code requirements; discusses problem areas with property owners, residents, and contractors; makes safety suggestions and recommends solutions to problems; responds to questions or complaints concerning building codes or code violations; conducts research associated with code enforcement activities as needed. Responds to incoming calls concerning various animal issues, such as animal bites, potential animal cruelty/abuse, animals in distress, stray/nuisance animals, barking dogs, wild/dangerous animals, sick/injured animals, loose livestock, animal behavior problems, or animal control laws; provides information and assistance; mediates/resolves citizen disputes; conducts investigations and performs follow-up as appropriate.
- Provides information and education to the public concerning local, state and local codes and ordinances and animal control laws and ordinances; facilitates seminars and presentations for public; prepares and presents educational materials.
- Maintains records of all code enforcement activities; enters data into computer system; takes and files photographs to document violations.
- Prepares reports for City officials listing outstanding cases and disposition of complaints; prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, code violation history reports, citations, or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, photographs, business applications, atlases, zoning maps, code books, ordinances, standards, manuals, publications, directories, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High School diploma or GED; supplemented by two (2)year(s) of experience in code or law enforcement, Animal Control and any construction or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver's license.
The City of Hapeville, Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.