- Hanover, PA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, PTO, Paid Holidays, & Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
The IT Manager is a leader who can combine modern Information and Technology expertise with Construction Technology to drive real time decision making. This role is accountable to drive best practices in data and information, including new technologies, change management, and future capacity planning. The IT Manager will connect with internal partners and external experts to support the business through most appropriate use of skills, tools, capabilities, and technology. The position will participate in strategic business planning, analysis, and risk assessments for newly identified technology opportunities. As it relates to technology, the IT Manager will be responsible for operational budgeting, industry benchmarking, professional development, contract negotiations and asset procurement.
A successful candidate should possess outstanding computer and infrastructure skills, excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays.
- Monitor, maintain, and manage network architecture, key business systems and end user devices
- Install, upgrade, and integrate new hardware and applications
- Proactively forecast organizational needs, diagnose, and resolve technical issues, and recommend hardware, software, network, security, and cloud-based services
- Administer accounts in Active Directory, Office 365, and third-party applications
- Manage the coordination with Human Resources to ensure all new employees have proper hardware and software resources
- Provide general end user support
- Document and maintain internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Advise on security plans and protocols to ensure security of data, network access and backup systems; implement back-up and disaster recovery procedures, information security and control structures
- Produce detailed timelines for infrastructure and software upgrade releases and technology projects with associated impacts to the organization
- Evaluate and recommend solutions that will enable functional business efficiencies
- Development of IT strategy and associated budget
- Negotiate and administer supplier contracts and service provider agreements
- Gain working knowledge of or proficiency with construction and steel fabrication software programs including Viewpoint, Tekla, AutoDesk and other programs
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in information technology, with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial role
- Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Hands on experience with Cisco/Meraki networking, routing, switching
- Experience configuring and managing AD, Office 365, SQL, VMWare, Hyper-V, Veeam
- Familiarity with the construction industry and construction-related software preferred but not required
- Excellent budgeting, analytical, organizational, prioritization, planning, scheduling and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision.
- Ability to be a team player, flexible, and able to work in fast-paced and evolving environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Verbal Communication - Understanding others and being understood in verbal communication
- Written Communication - Understanding others and being understood in written communication
- Integrity - Maintain confidentiality and meet own commitments
- Teamwork - Interacts with people effectively, able and willing to share and receive information
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Close visual acuity
- Some travel between offices
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for his job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.