- Richmond, VA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short/Long Term Disability, 401k, 401k Company Match
Hanover Iron Works, a rapidly growing miscellaneous metals fabrication and installation company is seeking an experienced Shipping/Receiving Clerk in the Richmond, VA area. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving deliveries, registering them and distributing
- Maintain stockroom through organizing, cleaning and cataloging items on a regular basis
- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is enough storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage the shipments
- Troubleshoot shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to resolve them
- Place material in storage by packaging, lifting items as necessary and operating forklifts
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two to Four years of shipping/receiving experience
- Experience using a forklift (certification is preferred)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
We offer an excellent benefits package including health/dental/vision/disability insurance, paid time off, paid holiday and 401k with employer match.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please apply for immediate consideration.