- Palm Coast, FL, USA
- 60000 Every other Friday
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Golf Privilege, Uniforms, PTO, etc.
- Position Guidelines. Sous Chef ($400 after 30 days of employment)
- Essential Job Function. To serve as "second in command" in the kitchen, assist the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all outlets, banquet events and other facets of the club operation. Supervise food production personnel, utility crew members and assist with tasks as needed while assuring that the cost and quality standards are consistently upheld.
- Duties and Responsibilities.
- Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsibilities for the daily preparation of soups, sauces and "features" to ensure that the methods of cooking, garnishing and proper portion sizes are as prescribed by standardized recipes.
- Assist the Executive Chef with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing of food production.
- Assumes complete control of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine.
- Assists the Executive Chef with the supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal, flavor and textures of food.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum profitability and high standards of quality; controls cost of goods.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Prepare reports and schedules, costs menus and performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Personally works in any station as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Helps plan energy conservation procedures for the kitchen.
- Assist in the development of training and the provision of professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Consults with the dining service personnel during daily line-ups when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining security of the kitchen including equipment, supplies and food inventories.
- Assist in food procurement, delivery, storage and issuing of food items, properly store food and supply products as they are to come in.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate kitchen personnel.
- Coordinates buffet presentations.
- Checks station mise en place before service time and inspects presentation of food items to ensure that quality standards are upheld.
- Reports all member / guest feedback to the Executive Chef and assists in resolving any issues.
- Monitors kitchen employees' timecards to ensure compliance with posted schedules.
- Assures that kitchen staff is in proper uniform and groomed.
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements, and personnel management to Executive Chef.
- Follow-up and see tasks through until completed.
- Showing the characteristics of being time oriented and punctual, at all aspects.
- Assists with the managing of the employee meal program.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Hammock Dunes Club https://hammockdunesclub.applicantpro.com
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!