- Haltom City, TX, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid medical, dental and vision; 7% contribution to retirement program with 2 to 1 match; paid vacation, sick and holidays
GENERAL PURPOSE: Conducts a variety of maintenance functions for the Haltom City Public Works Department; operates and maintains departmental equipment and tools; and performs other related duties as assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Repairs, maintains, and installs water mains, service lines, storm drains, valves, water meters, fire hydrants, and/or sprinklers.
- Performs mowing, removes weeds, and lays sod; trims trees and hedges; applies pesticides and herbicides as assigned.
- Participates in the demolition of vacant and/or hazardous properties; removes demo materials from worksites.
- Operates equipment including bulldozers, backhoes, excavators, loaders, rollers, dump trucks, and water trucks; cleans equipment and performs preventative maintenance.
- Transports materials and equipment to and from jobsites; loads and unloads trailers.
- Fabricates tools and other types of devices; performs welding as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent, and one year public works maintenance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Class A Texas Driver's License.
- Depending on area of assignment, other specialized certifications or licenses may be required.
Required Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of public works
- Specialized job functions relative to area of assignment.
- Regulations and standards governing departmental activities.
- Safety protocols applicable to equipment operation.
Required Skill in:
- Performing a variety of public works maintenance activities.
- Safely operating various types of heavy equipment.
- Maintaining departmental equipment and tools in safe working condition.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Work is performed in the field with exposure to variable weather conditions, uneven terrain, trenches, dust, dirt, fumes, gases, sewage, utility lines, hazardous materials, chemicals, vehicle traffic, machinery with moving parts, and confined spaces.
- Subject to heavy equipment operation, standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting of objects up to 80 pounds.