- Haltom City, TX, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid medical, dental and vision; 7% contribution to TMRS retirement program with a 2 to 1 match at retirement; paid vacation, sick and holidays
Plans, coordinates, and supervises the operations and activities of the Haltom City Water Production and Building Maintenance divisions; oversees the maintenance of the City's water system; administers the municipal Backflow Program; coordinates the maintenance and repair of City buildings and facilities; and supervises assigned personnel.
Example of Duties:
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel; ensures staff compliance with departmental policies, regulatory requirements, and safety practices.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance, and repair of the City's water distribution and collections equipment including elevated storage and ground reservoir tanks.
- Participates in the maintenance of City water tanks, pumps, and pressure, lift, and pump stations.
- Conducts monthly and quarterly water sampling; monitors and ensures the appropriate quality and pressure of the City's water supply.
- Maintains records of water purchases and consumption by the City; prepares and submits a variety of water reports in accordance with City and State requirements.
- Administers the City's Backflow Program; sends backflow device testing letters to local businesses; conducts commercial inspections and monitors for unregistered assemblies.
- Maintains backflow records, documentation, and all City-owned backflow devices.
- Oversees and coordinates the maintenance and repair of City buildings and facilities; ensures City facilities are safely and properly maintained for use by employees and the public.
- Monitors the quality of building maintenance work performed by staff and outside contractors.
- Performs routine plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and/or roofing repairs; moves office furniture and assists with other general building maintenance tasks.
- Coordinates departmental purchasing activities and bid processes; assists in the preparation of the Department's budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and five years experience supervising water production and building maintenance operations; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License or the ability to obtain
- Class C Water Distribution License
- Class II Wastewater Collection License
- Backflow License (ability to obtain within one year)
- Confined Space Certification (ability to obtain within one year)