- Haltom City, TX, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid medical, dental and vision; 7% employee contribution to TMRS retirement program with a 2 to 1 match; paid vacation, sick and holidays
Conducts a variety of maintenance functions for the Haltom City Public Works Department; operates and maintains departmental equipment and tools; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
- Repairs storm drains, valve boxes, water meter boxes, and/or sprinklers.
- Televises storm drains and/or locates underground utilities as assigned.
- Repairs and resurfaces City streets; lays asphalt and concrete; backfills trenches and curbs.
- Installs and/or repairs street signs and traffic barricades; constructs street signs as assigned.
- Performs mowing, removes weeds, and lays sod; trims trees and hedges; applies pesticides and herbicides as assigned.
- Participates in the demolition of vacant and/or hazardous properties; removes demo materials from worksites.
- Operates equipment including bulldozers, backhoes, excavators, loaders, rollers, dump trucks, and water trucks; cleans equipment and performs preventative maintenance.
- Transports materials and equipment to and from jobsites; loads and unloads trailers.
- Fabricates tools and other types of devices; performs welding as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent, and one year public works maintenance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must posses a valid Class A Texas Commercial Driver's License within 6 months of hire.