- Haltom City, TX, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid medical, dental and vision; 7% employee contribution to TMRS retirement program with 2 to 1 match at retirement; paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Oversees and coordinates the work activities of an assigned Public Works maintenance crew; participates in maintenance functions for area of assignment; provides assistance to other City departments; responds to public inquiries and complaints; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates and participates in the maintenance of City streets, right-of-ways, traffic control devices, and storm drains.
- Processes maintenance work orders; plans and schedules maintenance projects; assigns maintenance tasks to work crew personnel.
- Monitors and ensures the timely and satisfactory completion of all scheduled and emergency maintenance repairs.
- Installs and/or performs repairs to roadways, traffic signs and signals, underground drainage systems, and/or other related equipment.
- Participates in trimming trees, mowing, weed eating, herbicide application, and/or other general landscaping duties as assigned.
- Operates various types of equipment is maintained in safe working condition.
- Provides assistance to other Public Works divisions and/or City departments as required.
- Responds to public inquiries regarding Public Works policies and projects; address complaints.
- Coordinates and/or meets with vendors regarding the ordering of parts and supplies; assists in writing equipment specifications as required.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports; maintains compliance with applicable regulatory reporting requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High School Diploma or equivalent, and three years' experience supervising public works maintenance crew activities; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Depending on area of assignment, Herbicide License, Signal Tech II License, or other specialized licenses or certifications may be required. Must posses a valid Class A Texas Driver's License.