Guardian Healthcare is looking for a passionate Data Warehouse Developer (SQL) to join our Business Insights & Analytics department to help develop new data pipelines and turn data into insightful information that guides business decisions for our organization.
This is a short-term, contracted role with the chance of contract-to hire.
As a DWH Developer, you will work with our departments and executives to evaluate business insight needs, develop new data pipelines (and improve current ones) and support the development of visualizations in Tableau that invoke action. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join the beginning stages of a truly data-driven organization!
This position reports to the Senior Business Intelligence Developer and has no direct reports.
- Leverage ETL tools such as SSIS packages and Azure Data Factory pipelines to import, move, manipulate, and store data for future use
- Conduct system tests and root cause analysis, troubleshoot issues and correct code defects, responding quickly to SQL Agent job failures and enhancement requests
- Migrate existing SQL agent jobs and SSIS packages to Azure Data Factory pipelines
- Assist in creating new Azure Data Factory pipelines for new data sources
- Adhere to established ETL process templates and standards
- Effectively communicate with end users regarding support issues and enhancement requests
- Contribute to knowledge base and support documentation for both the department and varying levels of user groups
- Collaborate with other team members on methodology, design, and architecture
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, information management, or equivalent (combination of education and experience also acceptable)
- Deep understanding of SQL databases, server technologies (SSIS, SAS, Azure, etc), and query languages
- Experience creating SSIS packages for ETL, including but not limited to creating Stored Procedures, Views, and Queries
- Experience creating Azure Data Factory pipelines to copy data from various data source types
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, follow directions, stay on task and manage competing deadlines
- Strengths in communication, critical thinking / problem resolution, time management, attention to detail and project ownership
- Proficiency in Excel (VBA, pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.)
- Experience with leading data visualization software (Tableau, PowerBI, etc) a plus
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM cultures a plus