- Lexington, KY, USA
- Full Time
GRW offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Are you a motivated and creative Site Development Civil Engineer with a passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility? Join a leading design firm! GRW has a career opportunity available for a Site Development Civil Engineer at our Lexington, KY headquarters.
GRW is a regional, multi-disciplined firm with a desire for growth, and the firm has been listed in the ENR Top 500 since 1973. Founded in 1964, GRW's dedication to service has resulted in repeat clients providing up to 90 percent of GRW's workload. Principals and associates representing many disciplines work one-on-one with our clients. Close, personal service is the hallmark of GRW's business philosophy.
GRW designs projects to have minimal impact on their surroundings. Our engineers utilize the latest modeling and design tools to analyze various approaches for adapting a project to the land to produce an aesthetically appealing and highly functioning end product. From sites in excess of 100 acres for the Federal Bureau of Prisons to commercial developments for Chick-fil-A and McDonald's, GRW works beside our clients offering comprehensive civil and site engineering services. Also, as Keeneland's primary engineering firm since the 1960s, GRW's civil/site engineers have played a key role in the development of this combination Thoroughbred race course and sales company located in the heart of Kentucky's famed Bluegrass Region.
While our revenues have earned us an Engineering News-Record Top 500 ranking since 1972, what keeps us on top is our quality of service. Our approach is simple. Our corporate culture is one of close collaboration among our multidisciplinary project teams, combined with strong management leadership. Regardless of size or complexity, we use our diverse insights and perspectives to move projects forward in a timely and cost-effective manner, while using clear and open lines of communication.
GRW offers a challenging work environment combining the latest in engineering concepts with career development to keep personnel up to date with the latest technologies and advancements. Responsibilities will include private and municipal site layout design, preparing geometric layouts, profiles, cross sections, grading designs, drainage calculations, utility and erosion control designs, preliminary and construction plan preparation, and quantity/cost estimates. Site visits and client/public meetings will be included. Your personal capabilities, interest, aptitude, and motivation will determine your professional growth.
GRW is seeking the following qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- 8+ years site development design experience in a consulting environment including site design, cost estimating, hydrology, grading and utility design
- Knowledge of and client involvement experience with municipal zoning and land ordinances
- Civil 3D expertise including Storm Sewers and Hydroflow for hydrology design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills to effectively write reports and business correspondence, and present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and the general public.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan project resources, maintain schedules and stay within budget
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Desire, motivation and ability to exceed the firm's and clients' expectations
- Dedication and willingness to continue professional growth
GRW looks for individuals eager to develop their technical skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees to complete the projects our clients need. Hiring the most qualified employees is important to us and the success of our company.
This type of opportunity does not become available often! We invite you to apply to join our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled