- Indianapolis, IN
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
GRW offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
GRW Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Water Resources Engineer in our Indianapolis office. This would be a project engineer/management position. Responsible for development of project budgets, contracts, schedule, client relationships. Performing the technical work and directing staff engineers and CAD on various project tasks. The ideal candidate would have project experience with public clients such as cities and towns throughout Indiana. The experience would also include experience with regional water and sewer districts and private water and sewer utilities.
GRW offers a challenging work environment combining the latest in engineering concepts with career development to keep personnel up to date with the latest technologies and advancements. As a project engineer, you manage our engineering projects to ensure that our clients are satisfied with the high quality work that we provide. You complete the planning, design, and construction administration of utility infrastructure projects. As one of our water resource professionals, you deliver fiscally responsive, operationally efficient solutions by working in partnership with locally elected officials, drinking water and wastewater service providers, and state environmental and health administrators. Your communication skills assist you as you interact with clients when you visit sites and attend client/public meetings. Your personal capabilities, interest, aptitude, and motivation ensure your professional growth.
Technical Experience Requirements: Engineering studies including preliminary engineering reports and utility master plans· Design experience with sanitary sewers including pump stations, sewer rehabilitation, gravity sewer design, grinder pump system design· Stormwater design including runoff calculations, pipe and inlet sizing· Design experience with water systems including booster pump stations and water line layouts· Experience with hydraulic modeling including water CAD and Sewer CAD· Design experience with wastewater and water treatment facilities· Development of technical specifications· Familiarity with funding programs including: USDA Rural Development, Indiana SRF, and OCRA.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Education: BSCE or higher.
- Licenses: Indiana PE registration or the ability to obtain within 6-months
- Experience with design and construction administration of water utility and wastewater utility infrastructure projects in a consulting environment
- Proficiency in AutoCAD including Civil 3D
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills to effectively write reports and business correspondence, and present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan project resources, maintain schedules and stay within budget
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Desire, motivation, and ability to exceed the firm's and clients' expectations
- Dedication and willingness to continue professional growth
GRW looks for individuals eager to develop their skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees to complete the projects our clients need. Hiring the most qualified employees is critical to us and the success of our company.
This type of opportunity does not become available often! We invite you to apply to join our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled