- GRW Engineers, Inc.
- Lexington, KY, USA
- Full Time
GRW offers a comprehensive benefits package.
GRW is seeking a Registered Electrical Engineer experienced designing high voltage distribution and transmission facilities in Lexington, KY. If this is your area of expertise and you're looking for your next chapter, GRW wants you!
When you join GRW, you'll be working for an award-winning, full-service engineering, architectural, landscape architectural and geospatial consulting design firm with a history of more than 50 years serving our regional, national, and occasionally international clients. Working from offices in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, and West Virginia, we have achieved an outstanding reputation for providing high-quality design projects, while meeting client schedules and budgets. Our objective is simple. We value our employees and take pride in providing them with the proper resources and tools to help them achieve professional growth and excellence.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As an electrical design engineer, you will work closely with architectural, mechanical and structural department colleagues. Our multidiscipline personnel function as a cohesive team to create local and regional utility systems, energy-efficient building components, environmentally-sensitive site developments, and safe, modern transportation facilities. You will help provide comprehensive technical design and construction administration for infrastructure such as high voltage distribution and transmission facilities. Our building designs encompass the latest power and lighting systems for LED, telecommunications, audio/visual, electrical power distribution and other systems for projects that frequently pursue Net Zero Energy and LEED certification. Your communication skills assist you as you interact with clients when you visit sites and attend client/public meetings. Your personal capabilities, interest, aptitude, and motivation ensure your professional growth.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Kentucky Professional Engineer (PE) registration or ability to achieve via reciprocity
- Ability to seek reciprocity with other state registration boards
- 10+ years design and construction administration experience for medium and high voltage distribution and transmission facilities (both overhead and underground)
- Basic knowledge of building, electrical, fire codes and standards to determine engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for different voltage systems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Revit desirable
- SKM PowerTools for Windows experience desirable
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills to effectively write reports and business correspondence, and present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and the general public.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan project resources, maintain schedules and stay within budget
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Desire, motivation and ability to exceed the firm's and clients' expectations
- Dedication and willingness to continue professional growth
GRW looks for individuals eager to develop their skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees to complete the projects our clients need. Hiring the most qualified employees is critical to us and the success of our company.
This type of opportunity does not become available often. Join GRW!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled