- Louisville, KY, USA
- Full Time
GRW offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
GRW Engineers, Inc. has a career opportunity available for an experienced CADD Technician / Designer in our Louisville office.
In addition to protecting public and environmental health, adequate water, wastewater and stormwater facilities are essential for communities to grow and attract new business. The design of this infrastructure is a cornerstone of GRW's service offerings. Our water resource professionals deliver fiscally responsive and operationally efficient solutions by working in partnership with locally elected officials, drinking water and wastewater service providers, and state environmental and health administrators.
This position assists project managers and engineers by using software such as Civil 3D, AutoCAD, BricsCAD and Revit to design water, wastewater and stormwater facility and infrastructure projects. Typical duties include:
- Conceptual development and final design of water, wastewater, and stormwater treatment facilities
- Coordination with process equipment manufacturers and vendors
- Coordination with architectural and other engineering disciplines to provide a complete and detailed design
- Development of project specifications
- Design of water, sewer, and stormwater pipeline projects
- Preparation of construction quantities and opinions of cost
- Assistance with permitting for governmental/regulatory agencies
When you join GRW, you'll be working for an award-winning, full-service design consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years serving our regional, national, and occasionally international clients. Our objective is simple. We value our employees and take pride in providing them with the proper resources and tools to help them achieve professional growth and excellence.
GRW is seeking the following qualifications:
- Vocational certificate or 2-year degree in Civil Technology with 5+ years of experience designing water resources treatment and infrastructure projects in a consulting environment is desired. Extensive design experience may be substituted for education.
- Current AutoCAD and Civil 3D expertise is essential.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) / 3-D (BricsCAD or Revit) skills a plus.
- ARC GIS skills a plus.
- Experience creating and setting up templates and styles in the software platforms.
- Experience with Civil 3D surfaces and grading.
- Desire to stay up-to-date on CADD software products, tools and versions.
- Field survey experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills to effectively write reports and business correspondence, and present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, contractors and the general public.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Desire, motivation and ability to exceed the firm's and clients' expectations.
- Dedication and willingness to continue professional growth.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist GRW in the standardization of CADD throughout the company and to further educate and train CADD personnel within GRW.
GRW looks for individuals eager to develop their technical skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees to complete the projects our clients need. Hiring the most qualified employees is important to us and the success of our company.
This type of opportunity does not become available often! We invite you to apply to join our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled