About the Position
This position provides food and beverage services to guests and reports to the Food and Beverage Director.
The Server will performs duties in a conscientious, customer-service oriented manner to ensure a high quality guest experience and that customer needs are consistently exceeded.
As with all positions, the position will continually exemplify and promote the core values, mission and culture of the Grey Oaks Country Club team.
About Grey Oaks Country Club
Considered one of the premier Country Clubs in Florida, Grey Oaks opened in 1993 and encompasses the Grey Oaks and Estuary communities, along with 54 holes of championship golf. The Club's facilities include a 63,000-square-foot east clubhouse, 12,000-square-foot golf pro shop, golf performance center, 30,000-square-foot wellness center, sports center, and the pool café, a 22,000-square-foot complex with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking an expansive resort-style pool with a wading entrance, waterfall, and lap lanes. Additionally, The Estuary offers a 20,000-square-foot clubhouse with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the golf course, as well as a golf pro shop and his-and-her locker and card rooms.
In addition to our facilities and amenities, our staff continuously commits itself to unparalleled professional service for our members and their guests.
There are over 250 professionals working at Grey Oaks.
Located in Naples, Florida, Grey Oaks in 2021 earned the coveted designation as a Platinum Club of America for the second straight year. Learn more at our website www.greyoakscc.com.
You are an outgoing and personable professional and you have a desire to excel in the hospitality industry. You understand and live by the concept of being a "team player", making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. At the same time, you have enough experience and strength to ensure the right thing is being done. You care innately about people and your goal is to please your customers and fellow employees. "It's not in my job description" is not part of your professional vocabulary.
Most importantly, your values align with the values and culture of our members and our Club. Those values are on display every day, and displayed with every decision you make.
- Learns and follows the restaurant's service standards to ensure guests and customers receive a high level of service and have an enjoyable experience.
- Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests, enters orders into the POS system for the kitchen and informs cooks of any special cooking instructions.
- Serves meal by placing dishes by course in front of each person; serves food from left of guest, beverage from the right.
- Checks back with customers to ensure customer satisfaction; replenishes water and butter as necessary.
- Removes soiled dishes as soon as customer is finished.
- Makes suggestions for dessert, coffee, and wine and after dinner drinks, takes order and serves.
- Verifies accuracy of prices and customer number on each check before presenting the bill to the member for signature.
- Closes out completed check in POS system.
- Keeps tables, dining room and bus station clean and tidy.
- Advises manager of any customer complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Minimum two years serving experience in a hospitality setting. Wine, beer and cocktail knowledge a plus. Point of sale computer experience desirable.
- Ability to interact with customers, coworkers, and management in positive, supportive, cooperative ways.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment, perform duties under pressure, and in a timely manner.
Compensation & Benefits
Grey Oaks has an attractive compensation, benefits program, 401k plan with a generous matching contribution, a great work environment and the opportunity to work and learn from some of the best in the industry.
Grey Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer