FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
About the Position
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for working with the team to ensure the highest level of quality and services are being provided to the membership and their guests. The Food and Beverage Manager will be held accountable for training staff, maintaining cleaning and uniform standards, upholding the core values of Grey Oaks, managing the service delivery during a shift, staying in constant communication and coordination with the kitchen, holding the service team accountable to their duties and implementing new trainings and ideas to enhance the F&B experience. Creating/developing relationships with our membership is a must! The F&B Manager will be expected to touch each table during service and engage with members and guests throughout events to ensure satisfaction and build relationships.
This position reports to the Director of Food & Beverage.
About Grey Oaks Country Club
Considered one of the premier Country Clubs in Florida, Grey Oaks opened in 1993 and encompasses the Grey Oaks and Estuary communities, along with 54 holes of championship golf. The Club's facilities include a 63,000-square-foot east clubhouse, 12,000-square-foot golf pro shop, golf performance center, 30,000-square-foot wellness center, sports center, and the pool café, a 22,000-square-foot complex with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking an expansive resort-style pool with a wading entrance, waterfall, and lap lanes. Additionally, The Estuary offers a 20,000-square-foot clubhouse with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the golf course, as well as a golf pro shop and his-and-her locker and card rooms.
In addition to our facilities and amenities, our staff continuously commits itself to unparalleled professional service for our members and their guests.
There are over 250 professionals working at Grey Oaks.
Located in Naples, Florida, Grey Oaks in 2021 earned the coveted designation as a Platinum Club of America for the second straight year. Learn more at our website www.greyoakscc.com.
You are an outgoing and personable professional with a background in Food & Beverage management, and an interest in the hospitality industry. You are adept at effectively communicating with all types of people. You are organized, a problem solver, and highly proactive. You understand that service is at the heart of your job.
You understand and live by the concept of being a "team player," making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with.
Your wisdom is clearly understanding what you know and what you don't know, and making sure that the right person handles the right problem.
Most importantly, your values align with the values and culture of our members and our Club. Those values are on display every day, and displayed with every decision you make.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of Food and Beverage outlets including snack bars, events and catering.
- Coordinates the timely execution and delivery of all food and beverage orders to the satisfaction of the members.
- Embodies Grey Oaks core values and promotes a positive culture within the F&B department.
- Monitors all wait staff stations and assigned seated tables/sections as well as the transmission to and timely execution by the kitchen of the orders.
- Ensures restaurant and/or events are set up and ready for opening times and that floor plans are complete for each shift.
- Checks each table several times during service to free the staff for other duties and to show members that their comfort, satisfaction and/or complaints are important.
- Conducts training on a continuous basis to systematically improve the performance of the front of house staff during service.
- Organizes the logistics of a service shift: floor plans, station assignments, reservations, special duties, and special requests.
- Assist in preparing staff schedules while staying within budget restraints.
- Ensures that proper menu items and prices are in the point-of-sale system.
- Develops and implements opening and closing procedures for all Food and Beverage functions and outlets.
- Holds staff accountable for the aforementioned procedures as well as all policies and procedures.
- Improves service by developing and implementing new procedures. Responsible for maintaining and improving service standards.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of a name recognition program to allow staff to remember and use Member names throughout meal service.
- Maintains a positive and professional relationship with all teammates and members.
- Holds the team accountable and properly documents and addresses issues in a timely manner.
- Communicates needs of the members, team, and facilities through the appropriate channels.
- Responsible for the achievement of financial goals and departmental targets.
- Must have excellent member relations and customer service skills.
- Private club experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to efficiently use the POS system (Northstar).
- Must have strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, and prepare reports.
- Ability to verbally communicate well both orally and in writing with a strong command of the English language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Compensation & Benefits
Grey Oaks has an attractive compensation, benefits program, 401k plan with a generous matching contribution, a great work environment and the opportunity to work and learn from some of the best in the industry.
Grey Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer