About the Position
The Events Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing a variety of Club and private events held at the Club. This position is responsible for successfully planning and executing each facet of every event from initial contact to follow up evaluation.
The Events Manager works closely with other departments, especially Food & Beverage, to ensure each event exceeds Member expectations.
As with all positions, the position will continually exemplify and promote the core values, mission and culture of the Grey Oaks Country Club team.
This position reports to the Director of Events.
About Grey Oaks Country Club
Considered one of the premier Country Clubs in Florida, Grey Oaks opened in 1993 and encompasses the Grey Oaks and Estuary communities, along with 54 holes of championship golf. The Club's facilities include a 63,000-square-foot east clubhouse, 12,000-square-foot golf pro shop, golf performance center, 30,000-square-foot wellness center, sports center, and the pool café, a 22,000-square-foot complex with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking an expansive resort-style pool with a wading entrance, waterfall, and lap lanes. Additionally, The Estuary offers a 20,000-square-foot clubhouse with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the golf course, as well as a golf pro shop and his-and-her locker and card rooms.
In addition to our facilities and amenities, our staff continuously commits itself to unparalleled professional service for our members and their guests.
Located in Naples, Florida, Grey Oaks in 2021 earned the coveted designation as a Platinum Club of America for the second straight cycle. Learn more at our website www.greyoakscc.com.
You are an outgoing and personable professional who is both adept and enthusiastic about effectively communicating with all types of people. You are organized, capable, and highly proactive. You understand that service is at the heart of your job.
You understand and live by the concept of being a "team player," making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you with whom you work.
You can easily manage multiple projects and events and have an extreme attention to detail.
Most importantly, your values align with the values and culture of our members and our Club. Those values are on display every day, and displayed with every decision you make.
- Manage event planning and execution process
- Work closely with Food & Beverage and Director of Culinary to create a culinary experience that complements the overall event and comes within budget
- Procure needed props, costumes, lighting, flowers, decorations, and entertainment
- Responsible for creating and working within budgets
- Responsible for tracking expenditures and creating a post event P&L
- Assist with catering business plan
- Assist with marketing as well as create marketing collateral for all Club events
- Attend outside conferences, workshops, and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments in the field
- Propose new events
- Post event notifications on the Club's website and newsletter
- Meet with members regarding party/event planning needs, including menu creation, decor and pricing
- Coordinate the set up and execution of all functions
- Attend all events
- Utilize POS system/Northstar
- Field calls from members, vendors, and the general public
- Create both pro-forma P&L's and also after event full and complete accounting of revenues and expenses
- All other duties as assigned by management
To perform the job successfully, this position is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Alignment of your core values with the mission, vision and values of Grey Oaks Country Club
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to keep issues confidential; a master of discretion
- Proficient with MS Office, POS and related software
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in event planning and/or catering at high-end resorts, hotels, or private clubs
- Private club experience strongly preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred but not required
- Experience with using POS (Northstar experience desired)
Compensation & Benefits
Grey Oaks has an attractive compensation, benefits program, 401k plan with a generous matching contribution, a great work environment and the opportunity to work and learn from some of the best in the industry.
Grey Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer