Food Runner/Server Assistant
About the Position
The Food runner/Server Assistant duties include but are not limited to, greeting and seating customers in a high volume environment, answering guest's questions regarding the Club and expediting and delivering food from the kitchen to patrons in a timely manner. This position may also be required to help, clear, clean, and set tables.
In addition, this position may restock supplies, perform general cleaning, work outside on a seasonal basis, and most importantly maintain and provide excellent customer relations with all patrons. This position requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment. A Food runner must have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
All other duties as assigned by the Manager on duty.
As with all positions, the position will continually exemplify and promote the core values, mission, and culture of the Grey Oaks Country Club team.
About Grey Oaks Country Club
Considered one of the premier Country Clubs in Florida, Grey Oaks opened in 1993 and encompasses the Grey Oaks and Estuary communities, along with 54 holes of championship golf. The Club's facilities include a 63,000-square-foot east clubhouse, 12,000-square-foot golf pro shop, golf performance center, 30,000-square-foot wellness center, sports center, and the pool café, a 22,000-square-foot complex with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking an expansive resort-style pool with a wading entrance, waterfall, and lap lanes. Additionally, The Estuary offers a 20,000-square-foot clubhouse with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the golf course, as well as a golf pro shop and his-and-her locker and card rooms.
In addition to our facilities and amenities, our staff continuously commits itself to unparalleled professional service for our members and their guests.
There are over 250 professionals working at Grey Oaks.
Located in Naples, Florida, Grey Oaks in 2021 earned the coveted designation as a Platinum Club of America for the second straight year. Learn more at our website www.greyoakscc.com.
You are an outgoing and personable professional and you have a desire to excel in the hospitality industry. You understand and live by the concept of being a "team player", making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. At the same time, you have enough experience and strength to ensure the right thing is being done. You care innately about people and your goal is to please your customers and fellow employees. "It's not in my job description" is not part of your professional vocabulary.
Most importantly, your values align with the values and culture of our members and our Club. Those values are on display every day and displayed with every decision you make.
- Provide excellent customer service in a high-volume environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors and customers
- Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting.
- Promptly and consistently reset all service-ware as prescribed.
- Ensure glassware, silverware and all other utensils are polished
- Prepare restaurant for upcoming and next service.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silver, china, glass, linen and condiments.
- Assemble and arrange tables and chairs for reservations and ensure cleanliness of floors.
- Coordinates with chef and kitchen food orders.
- Delivers food orders to table in an efficient manner.
- Assists servers with beverages, bread, and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
- Complete side work as directed by manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 months serving and/or food running experience in a hospitality setting.
- Ability to interact with customers, coworkers, and management in positive, supportive, cooperative ways.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment, perform duties under pressure, and in a timely manner.
Compensation & Benefits
Grey Oaks has an attractive compensation, benefits program, 401k plan with a generous matching contribution, a great work environment and the opportunity to work and learn from some of the best in the industry.
Grey Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer