- 17-Dec-2020 to 15-Apr-2021 (CST)
- La Grange, IL, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Disability, Life, Critical Care, Accident
Summary Directs and coordinates the distribution, stockroom and traffic activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities related to the receipt, distribution, internal movement and storage and shipment of raw and finished materials.
- Organizes, supervises and directs the work of the stockroom and other associates engaged in receiving, issuing, delivering and shipping material.
- Initiates investigations into causes of damages, shortages, or non-compliance in customer shipments.
- Develops and implements corrective actions using CCA and Workflow systems
- Conducts studies in areas of packaging, warehousing, and loading of commodities and evaluates existing procedures and standards.
- Prepares and issues Purchase Orders and Change Notices for Packaging material.
- Develops and installs clerical and office procedures and practices, studies work flow, sequence of operations and office arrangement to determine expediency of installing new or improved office machines.
- Assists in preparing department budget.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Reviews and approves all department invoices.
- Ensures training and adherence to environmental initiatives and procedures for all stockroom, shipping, and receiving personnel.
- Manage six supervisors who oversee a total of 40-45 regular and temporary associates in Receiving; Inventory; Packaging; Shipping; Stockroom and Final Operations.
- Accountable for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training associates
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance
- Rewarding and disciplining associates
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and
- Two to four years related experience, preferably in a manufacturing/ warehousing environment.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop group metrics and build reports via excel/google sheets
- Capacity to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Adept in managing priorities and workflow of team/department
- Experience with SAP Hana S4 a plus.
AN EEO AND AAP EMPLOYER