- 07-Dec-2020 to 27-Feb-2021 (CST)
- La Grange, IL, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Generous PTO, Profit Sharing/401K
The SAP Leader is responsible for representing the business partners to SAP and representing SAP to the business partners. In this role, the incumbent will:
- Establish a SAP strategy working directly with the leadership team and Grayhill IT that aligns to and enables the business strategy.
- Manage the business relationship, act as liaison to and advocate for the business units.
- Manage and execute SAP objectives developed with the Leadership team.
- Manage dedicated SAP resources.
- Establish and manage the projects and budget.
Establish a SAP strategy working directly with the leadership team and Apogee IT that aligns to and enables the business strategy:
- Develop an in depth understanding of the business unit needs and priorities.
- Work with the Leadership team and business unit leadership and IT team to create a SAP Strategy that reduces operational costs and time to market, improves overall customer service and includes investments that will grow with the business.
- Plan and align the SAP application portfolio against the business objectives to ensure they can be met.
- Ensure the leadership team understands and buys into the SAP Strategy and that the strategy properly aligns with and supports the business units while leveraging common needs at the enterprise level as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
Manage the business relationship, act as liaison to and advocate for the business units:
- Develop excellent working relationships with business unit leadership, including the heads of each Product Group and Support Group and including, Sales and marketing, Administration, QC, Procurement.
- Help the business become better consumers of SAP, be a key champion for SAP.
- Provide SAP insight up front and early in the business idea process, drive innovative ideas into the pipeline to illustrate where SAP can enable and differentiate.
Manage and execute SAP objectives developed with the Leadership team:
- Participate in creation of and updates to the objectives and maintenance of project management.
- Participate in planning to establish project objectives and priorities aligned to the business strategy.
- Participate in the management of technology project implementations at the business unit level.
- Manage and execute SAP strategies for business process re-engineering.
Manage dedicated SAP resources:
- Lead the acquisition and coordination of SAP resources as required to most effectively meet project and business support requirements.
- Provide functional supervision to the SAP team.
- Provide resource performance measurement, salary administration, coaching and career management.
- Participate in the oversight of technology service suppliers and delivery of their services.
Establish and manage the SAP projects and budgets:
- Establish and manage project budgets based upon architecture, integration, enhancements and resource requirements.
- Develop and manage to the SAP budget.
- BS MIS, Comp Science or equivalent, MBA is highly desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive SAP experience, including with S4 Hana.
- Minimum 5 years project management and/or business analysis staff management.
- Proven SAP leadership experience in a multi-business unit multi-location environment.
- Must have 1 full life cycle multi-site ERP project implementation, SAP preferred.
- Ability to drive business process change.
- Ability to gather business support from key stakeholders.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Extremely strong client service orientation.
- Ability to manage Business Unit Leadership expectations as relates to standard SAP processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand strategic and business objectives and how they might impact business process design and functional requirements.
- Ability to identify conflict and assist others in conflict resolution in a positive manner to help the organization move forward.
- Strategic and critical thinking.
- Strong technical foundation with well-rounded business acumen.
- Demonstrable track record of building high functioning teams.
- Intense work ethic and a bottom line, ROI orientation.
- Some travel is anticipated.
AN EEO AND AAP EMPLOYER M/F/D/V