- 28-May-2020 to 29-Oct-2021 (CST)
- Iola, WI, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement
Grayhill, Inc. designs and manufacturers intuitive human interface solutions that make life simpler, safer and more efficient. Standard products include optical encoders, rotary switches, keypads, joysticks and pushbuttons. Grayhill specializes in creating ergonomic panels and product shells that integrate various interface technologies, including displays, touch technology and motion sensing to support a range of industries including Healthcare, Automotive and Military.
With headquarters just outside of Chicago, and multiple state-of-the-art facilities around the world, Grayhill has the engineering expertise and vertical integration to deliver standard and customized solutions quickly and cost-effectively.
Are You Ready to Grow With Us?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Working within a specific cell, under the direction of a Supervisor performs the following within 90 days of hire.
- Learn to read work orders, Manufacturing Routing sheets, Bill of Materials, production drawings and sample assemblies.
- Learn to position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Learn to crimp, stake, screw, bolt, rivet, weld, solder, cement, press fit, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Learn to mount assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel.
- Learn to connect component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connect wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Learn to install finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Learn to assemble and attach hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Learn simple machine set ups that do not require a Technician.
- Learn to perform preventative maintenance on the automated assembly machinery.
- Learn to adjust or trim materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Learn to perform online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Learn and understand Grayhill FOE and ESD policies.
- Learn how to enter data into Grayhill Quality and Manufacturing data systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand and walk. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
We value diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.