Position: Group Sales & Events Manager
Department: Group Sales
Reports To: President and Director of Operations
Position Type: Full-Time/Exempt
Salary: Negotiable (base salary plus significant bonus potential)
Our Group Sales & Events Managers will market, sell, and oversee the coordination of events large and small, leveraging the history, heritage and assets of Grant's Farm - The Busch Family Home Since 1903. The successful person in this role is sales focused as well as committed to delivering quality events, while maintaining pre-determined profit margins. This person will ensure all relevant departments are involved in event sales, planning and execution. The Group Sales & Events Manager will actively develop and pursue event business leads. This includes active outreach as well as fielding inquires that lead to sales. He or she will also meet with clients regularly, and often conduct tours of the event facility; provide accurate and timely information to clients, vendors, and internal customers. This position continuously focuses on improving sales, customer satisfaction and event profitability. This position is responsible for managing the event team.
- Works with Senior Management to determine annual sales and profitability targets.
- Develops and recommend the budget, marketing plans, and objectives and manages within those approved plans.
- Maintains or exceeds budgeted sales and profit margins in all event areas.
- Recommend, develop, and implement effective marketing plans for generating event revenues.
- Responsible for all elements of event planning, including identifying event logistics and negotiating contracts.
- Coordinate event logistics, proactively communicate event information, and set clear expectations for event delivery. Work across departments to ensure proper buy-in and support for event execution.
- Manage multiple activities simultaneously, and re-prioritize efforts when plans change, or the need arises.
- Evaluates each piece of event business to ensure business can be properly serviced and is profitable.
- Assembles creative and innovative events, leveraging the history, heritage and assets of Grant's Farm, based on internal capabilities or outsource to qualified vendors.
- Trains, supervises, and works with event staff, to solicit and book banquet and catering functions, as well as the planning, merchandising and execution of the functions.
- Leads event team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Administers all phases of the event department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing, and administrative procedures.
- Coaches and counsels employees to reflect company service standards and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a successful Hospitality Sales Manager
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- High energy, entrepreneurial spirit, and motivational leader
- Effective in providing exceptional customer service and meeting/exceeding aggressive sales and profitability targets
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Experience leading and developing others
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance. Paid time off
Grant's Farm is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.