Grant's Farm is looking to hire a creative and motivated Sous Chef to join our talented kitchen team. In this position, you will act as the second in command in our kitchen, following and enforcing our requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus and meal designs for Grant's Farm daily operations as well as supporting the culinary needs for special events.
Your duties will include managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality and ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward. The successful person in this role should be able to manage food ordering for events and catering and have excellent communication skills with in-depth knowledge of several cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Maintaining food and beverage equipment.
- Preparing meals and food to meet the specifications of guests in a timely manner
- Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions
- Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Using kitchen knives and equipment such as grills, ovens, steamers and warmers in food preparation
- Keeping the workstation and kitchen equipment clean, organized and sanitized
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Manage the kitchen team in the Culinary Manager's absence.
- ServeSafe Certified
- Exceptional cooking skills
- Ability to effectively manage the kitchen staff, motivate them and assign duties fairly
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Point of Sale and restaurant management software
- Ability to multitask and work quickly under pressure
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
Grant's Farm is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.