Grants Farm is looking for someone with strong technical and leadership ability in facility, grounds and equipment maintenance. The successful person in this role will work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor in leading/directing the Maintenance Team which consists of 4 full time and 4 part time team members. This working leader also needs to be able to perform preventative maintenance, building maintenance, and grounds maintenance. This role also involves recommending ways by which the safety and well-being of other Team Members, animals, and farm processes and procedures are maintained at all times.
- Coordinate work orders and project assignments with the team
- Execute a preventive maintenance program across the facility and fleet
- Oversee team members and prioritize work
- Oversee tram drivers and assist with driver training and evaluation as well as maintenance program
- Lead and direct team functions in the absence of the supervisor
- Conduct basic building maintenance and repairs
- Conduct grounds maintenance duties such as mowing and trimming, landscaping including excavating by machine and hand, fencing maintenance, tree trimming, etc.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment (forklift, skid steer, trailers) in performing duties.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (forklift, skid loaders, tractors, zero turn mowers, aerial lifts, etc.)
- Respond to maintenance needs as directed by the supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies and support any after hour needs of the Farm or Facility.
- Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken;
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with one year of post high school college or work experience.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to use hand and power tools including hammer, sledgehammer, shovel, jackhammer, chain saw, miter saw, table saw, etc.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift or carry 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate heavy machinery and use hand and electrical tools.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, inclement weather, cold, etc
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k
Vacation, Paid Federal Holidays, Sick, Floating Holidays
Grant's Farm is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.