Grant's Farm is looking for a courteous and Special Events Associate to work in our Front-of-House and be responsible for greeting, assisting, and serving guests at special functions and events. The Special Events Associate will also have bartending duties and help assist with event planning, preparation, and clean up, serve guests, and respond to questions, complaints, and requests. The successful person in this roll will a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality; be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Seeing to the comfort of guests through answering questions, taking orders, conveying special instructions to the kitchen and bar, and serving food and beverages.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Circulating the room with trays of appetizers and beverages.
- Directing guests to necessary services and features, and leading guests on tours of the location.
- Assisting with event preparation, set up, and closing, including setting up and packing away tables, table cloths and place settings, and buffets.
- Supporting other staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Must be able to lift or carry 25 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, inclement weather, cold, etc
Grant's Farm is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.