Position: Maintenance Associate
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary Type: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Grants Farm is looking for Engineer II who will provide technical and organizational support to all departments within Grant's Farm. The successful person in this roll will perform preventative maintenance, building maintenance, and grounds maintenance. In addition, this role also involves recommending ways by which the safety and well-being of other Team Members, animals, and farm processes and procedures are maintained at all times.
- Conduct basic building maintenance and repairs on electrical systems.
- Conduct grounds maintenance duties such as mowing and trimming, landscaping including excavating
- by machine and hand, fencing maintenance, tree trimming, etc.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment (forklift, skid
- steer, trailers) in performing duties.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (forklift, skid loaders, tractors, zero turn mowers, aerial lifts, etc.)
- Respond to maintenance needs as directed by the supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies and support any after hour needs of the Farm or Facility.
- Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken;
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with one year of post high school college or work experience.
- Must have electrical experience.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to use hand and power tools including hammer, sledgehammer,
- shovel, jackhammer, chain saw, miter saw, table saw, etc.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to lift or carry 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate heavy machinery and use hand and electrical tools.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, inclement weather, cold, etc
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
Vacation, Paid Federal Holidays, Sick, Floating Holidays
Grant's Farm is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.