Position: Goat Feeder
Reports To: Lead Small Animal Associate
Position Type: Seasonal/Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Grant's Farm is looking for a Goat Feeder that will primarily responsible for bottle feeding baby goats. The successful person in this role will also follow protocol for routine milking and feeding, Goat health procedures, documenting animal care, and working with the animal team as needed.
- Record keeping of information pertinent to goat feedings and medical issues.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the animal enclosures, barns, and feeding equipment.
- Observing animals for illness, injury, or changes in behavior.
- Assisting with the daily milking of the dairy cows and goats.
- Cleaning and maintaining milking equipment and dairy stalls/stands.
- Following guidelines on the safe handling of goats, quarantine procedures, and restraint techniques.
- Assisting the Goat Barn staff with animal vaccinations and administration of medications as prescribed by the program veterinarian.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Basic computer skills - MS office, data entry
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Desire to learn
- Must be able to lift or carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk distances over uneven terrain.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, inclement weather, cold, etc
Grant's Farm is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.