Full-Time, salaried, exempt
Grant's Farm is the place for family fun in St. Louis, MO. The 281-acre ancestral home of the Busch family is a refuge for more than 900 animals. Our Guest Operations, Food Services, Merchandise and Animal teams are looking for enthusiastic individuals that look forward to helping our guests make lifelong memories.
- 8- 10 years of relevant experience
- College degree in related field preferred
- Experience working livestock and diary operations
- Strong understanding of goat reproduction and health issues
- Experience with animal training practices
- Strong leadership skills
- Basic animal husbandry, Nutrition and Veterinary medicine
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous record keeping
- Understanding of USDA requirements/policies Including program of veterinary care and Ag license
- Excellent public speaking, written communication, and computer skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed including weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain license with USDA & CWD Inventory
- Ensure all habitats and animal holding areas maintained to high levels of cleanliness and safety
- Maintain accurate animal sale and purchase inventory
- Understand Nutritional and Medical needs across all the animal species.
- Work closely with the Veterinarians to plan out a program of animal care.
- Monitor feed inventories and maintain appropriate levels
- Manage full time and seasonal team members and provide yearly evaluations.
- Manage Animal Budget and build relationships with vendors.
- Make recommendations to senior management on efficient management of the animal inventory
- Member of senior leadership team, fulfill Duty Manager role when assigned
- Maintaining animal collection of up to 800 animals:
- Cervids (CWD program and Inventory certification)
- Companion animals
- Large birds
- Water Buffalo
- Water fowl
- All other tasks assigned by manager.
The perks of the position:
Grant's Farm is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Benefits package: including medical and dental coverage, PTO and holidays
- Salary range: $80,000 - $90,000 based on experience, education and/or combination
- Bonus eligible