- DC, USA
- $75,000 - $95,000
- Full Time
A competitive salary and a generous benefits package is offered.
If you are:
- Passionate about making a difference on issues related to health care access and quality, equity, and social justice;
- A great communicator, able to synthesize information and summarize it for practical implications, both in writing and verbally;
- A natural connector, good at networking, making meaningful connections, bringing people together, and spreading ideas far and wide; and
- Excited about leveraging philanthropy to be a powerful force for change.
Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Grantmakers In Health (GIH) is looking for a dynamic professional Program Director who enjoys delving into health policy issues and designing programs that help the staff and trustees of foundations and corporate giving programs learn, connect, and grow to join our team.
We are looking for someone with:
- Graduate degree and at least three years of work experience in a health-related field (or bachelor's degree and at least five years of work experience in a health-related field)
- Experience developing programs in a nonprofit, government agency, or foundation environment
- Experience in policy research, data analysis, and advocacy at the state or federal level
- Experience in offering technical assistance, and building partnerships and networks
- Excellent verbal and written communications and facilitation skills
- Priority will be given to candidates with substantive expertise in health equity, maternal and child health, and/or public health
Who we are:
GIH is a nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to helping foundations and corporate giving programs improve the health of all people. Our mission is to foster communication and collaboration among grantmakers and others, and to help strengthen the grantmaking community's knowledge, skills, and effectiveness.
What a Program Director does:
A normal day at GIH will find you conducting policy research and data analysis, planning meetings and webinars, fielding surveys, writing articles and reports, and managing networks and learning communities. You will also be giving foundation staff strategic advice, creating tools foundation staff can use to connect to each other, giving presentations about philanthropy, and forging partnerships with other organizations.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary: $75,000 - $95,000, based on experience
- Grantmakers In Health offers paid vacation, personal, and sick leave at the beginning of each year to encourage work life balance and offers a generous benefits package.
- We provide all full-time employees with medical, dental, and vision insurance along with voluntary life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance.
- All employees have the option to participate in our Health Care and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts, SmartBenefits program, and to purchase supplemental insurance such as accident or hospital insurance through Aflac.
- Upon hire, individuals would be eligible to participate in our retirement plan that includes a matching contribution and, after one year of employment, a generous discretionary contribution.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirement
- At least 2 supervisory references and 1 professional colleague reference (name, title, company name and phone number and email).
Grantmakers In Health is an equal opportunity employer.