- West Jordan, UT, USA
- Full Time
Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Granger Medical Clinic has gone to a Part-Time Medical Assistant I in our Nephrology Clinic in West Jordan, UT.
Title: Medical Assistant I
Location: West Jordan, UT
- Candidate will work closely with physicians and support staff to provide patient care including: telephone triage, insurance authorizations, recording of vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, etc.), administration of immunizations, phlebotomy, maintenance of examination rooms and filing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills able to communicate courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with Physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- It's not required.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Answer phones, schedule appointments and greet patients for medical or other services.
- Remember all demographic information necessary to contact patients and do prior authorization for medications and procedures.
- Prepare patients for exams and supply the provider with all relevant information (lab results, vital signs, medications, allergies).
- Patients are more likely to be scheduling and other needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- 2 year experience preferred.
- 1 year Medical Office experience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Standing and walking for extended periods, Lifting up to 50lbs.
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment.
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions.
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account & Dependent Care FSA
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Safe Harbor Contributions (1% to 6% possible companions)
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, recruiting, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family &Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!