- West Jordan, UT, USA
- Full Time
Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Patient Benefit Advisor
Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for a Full Time Patient Benefit Advisor in our Revenue Cycle department.
Patient Benefit Advisor
Granger Medical Clinic
Employment Status »
Position Status »
- Directly reports to RCO Manager. The Patient Benefit Advisor (PBA) supports the RC team through verifying and obtaining insurance authorizations, collecting payments on a patient's upcoming procedures/surgeries and setting up payment plans, assisting Patient Service Representatives and providers with patient inquires. The PBA is also responsible for interviewing patients and families with financial issues, initiating and completing financial assistance applications, as appropriate. Obtains and records payments from patients/families.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with all external and internal contacts.
- Exercising good judgment and can manage the expectations of all "customers" including patients and families, clinical staff, physician groups, and all external "customers".
- Collaborating with clinical departments, providers, Mas and co-workers to obtain information to insure accuracy of the patient record and the optimal processing of the patient's bill.
- Monitoring patient accounts, preparing bills and ensuring providers are paid in a timely manner.
- Accurately follow all Granger Medical workflows and communicate appropriately with all team members.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Receiving and resolving patient inquiries via a high volume of incoming telephone contacts and correspondence regarding a variety of billing issues. Collects any outstanding balances and updates all demographic and insurance information as needed.
- Supports PSRs as needed in scheduling, check-in and managing payment system. Also provides assistance in implementing of new policies and procedures in regards to Revenue Cycle with our PSRs in their respective departments.
- Researching all inquiries to resolution using various sources, including contacting insurance companies and other outside contacts.
- Alerting management of any recurring billing trends and or issues encountered through patient contacts and when possible assists in developing solutions to said problems.
- Interviewing patients and families with financial issues, initiating and completing financial assistance applications, as appropriate. Obtains and records payments from patients/families.
- Verifying insurance eligibility utilizing available technologies, payor websites, or by phone contact with third party payors.
- Reviewing and maintain self-pay vouchers, discount and payments.
- Ensure accurate billing and allocation in regards to patients that are private pay.
- Verifying and obtaining insurance authorizations and counsel applicable areas of any out of pocket expenses.
- Review benefits information with patients and discuss financial obligation that patient has to the provider. Collect on services prior to the procedure/surgery.
- Establish payment plans for patient's requiring financial assistance who have procedures/surgeries.
- Monitor Revenue Cycle dashboards to ensure patient claim are accurate while providing assistance and follow up with clinic team members to correct errors that may be seizing claim processing.
- Establish and maintain good working and supportive relationship with supporting clinic team including Providers, Managers, PSRs and all clinical support team members.
- Ensure all Granger created workflows are being accurately followed and providing necessary support of them.
- Review and report patient's inquiring refunds and communicating with appropriate RC team memebers to ensure accuracy in the refund process.
- To assist RC members in outstanding conveyance related reports.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of experience within clinical operations
- 2 years of experience as a financial counselor/patient benefit advisor
- Working experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with and call patients and outside agencies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile to help patients and the clinic achieve maximum reimbursement from coverage sources
- Any other duties as requested.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.