- West Valley City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Granger Medical has a phlebotomy opening in the West Valley/Fairbourne Phlebotomy department. If you are ready for a change and looking for career advancement in the medical field, this might be what you have been looking for.
Care is our mission. It's our shared vision. At Granger Medical Clinic, exceptional care comes from all of us. We are looking for a friendly and professional phlebotomist to join our phlebotomy team and continue on working together to provide excellent patient care. Your experience as a phlebotomist, pleasant personality and desire to make a difference will be great attributes and an asset to our team.
Phlebotomists work in the laboratory department and are involved with phlebotomy, greeting patients, processing samples and various clinical tasks in the laboratory department. Entry level Phlebotomist are welcome to apply!
Location: West Valley City
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 1 pm - 9 pm
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of aseptic methods.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Great communication with patients.
- Enjoy working with others, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Essential Functions and Duties:
- Performs a variety of venipuncture techniques and collects blood specimens from patients in support of laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Provide excellent customer care in performance of phlebotomy, EKG's, SPO2 in conformance with physician orders.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- May be called on to assist in receptionist responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Experience required in specimen processing.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Previous phlebotomist experience or certificate of phlebotomy training.
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Sedentary work, requiring lifting up to 10lbs
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.