Medical Assistant - GYN
Granger Medical Clinic is one of the largest independent, physician-owned medical clinic groups in Utah. Care is our mission. It's our shared vision. Our GYN clinic in Murray has a full time Medical Assistant opening. We are looking for a friendly, pleasant, professional Medical Assistant to join our team. At Granger Medical Clinic, exceptional care comes from all of us. We truly care about people; our patients and our staff. You, as a Medical Assistant, will assist us in maintaining a welcoming environment for our patients and team members.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference and continue on progressing as a Medical Assistant? If so, this might be what you have been looking for.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills able to communicate courteously and effectively to patients.
- Typing / key-boarding skills, 40 wpm.
- Basic arithmetic, computer and analytical skills.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and multi-task oriented.
- Enjoy working with people, being a team player and willing to help others with tasks.
- Must be able to read, communicate and write well in English.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with physicians, clinic staff and patients.
- Additional languages helpful.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Answer phones, schedule appointments and greet patients for medical or other services.
- Record all demographic information necessary to contact patients and do prior authorization for medications and procedures.
- Prepare patients for exams and supply the provider with all relevant information (lab results, vital signs, medications, allergies).
- Communicate with patients regarding their appointment scheduling and other needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- 1- 2 year of Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- 1 year Medical Office experience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Standing and walking for extended periods, Lifting up to 50lbs.
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment.
- Inside, climate-controlled working conditions.
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.