- West Jordan, UT, USA
- Full Time
Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Patient Benefit Advisor - Medical Billing
Granger Medical Clinic was founded in 1954. Two providers came together with the hope of better serving the Granger community (now West Valley City). Their practice steadily grew and in 1998, the clinic then 21 providers strong moved to a larger building in West Valley City. Today, Granger Medical Clinic has become one of Utah's largest physician-owned medical groups with 28 locations now spanning four counties reaching from Bountiful to Payson and Sandy to Tooele.
Our Medical Billing department is growing and in need of a Patient Benefit Advisor to join the team. The ideal Patient Benefit Advisor will have some medical billing experience, more specifically, denials exp. A Great opportunity for a candidate with a wide range of medical billing experience, that will thrive in a dynamic, and fast paced environment.
Your pleasant demeanor, passion, desire for growth in the medical field along with your medical billing and/or strong knowledge of working with medical insurance will make you a great candidate for this role.
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8 - 5pm
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Insurance denial and some coding experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to answer and handle high patient call volumes.
- Able to balance the ability to collect on a patient balance while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Functions effectively within a team, works well with others and contributes in a cooperative effort.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance billing and reimbursement
- Experience and knowledge of EOB's and processing denials
- Demonstrates ongoing enthusiasm and commitment to the work assigned.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Receives and updates records about financial status of patients.
- Accounts receivable for insurance and patient collections.
- Handles various types of correspondence and customer phone calls.
- Consultation with patients about financial options for payment.
- Other duties assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- 1- 2 year of Medical Billing Experience preferred.
- 1-year of Medical Insurance or Medical Claim experience
- Previous medical billing experience required.
- 1 - 2 Years of Medical Office experience; with handling Medical insurance
Some of the Benefits we offer:
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, vision,
- FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Profit share.
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.