The Governors Club is seeking a highly qualified Kitchen Expo | Lead Food Runner to join our team. The Kitchen Expo | Lead Food Runner is the communication liaison between our service and culinary staff. If you'd like to gain additional experience in the hospitality industry and learn how to execute an excellent dining experience, we'd like to meet you!
- Communication liaison between our service and culinary staff
- Communicate incoming orders to our culinary line
- Communicate service staff requests and questions to culinary line
- Deliver food orders from the kitchen to tableside with efficiency and grace
- Experience as a Food Expeditor or similar entry-level role in a restaurant preferred, but not required
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
Employee Benefits include:
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
Available to Full time employees after 90 days Accrued time may not be used until employee has completed six months of employment
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
Available to employees averaging 30 or more hours per week after 90 days - Employee cost $7.50/weekly
- 6 Paid Holidays
Available to Full time employees after 90 days
- 401k Retirement Plan
All employees who complete 1000 hours in a plan year. Governors Club will match the employee contributions $0.50 for every $1.00 up to a maximum of 5%.
- Golfing privileges
All employees after 90 days - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons
- Tennis privileges
All employees after 90 days
- Complimentary Meals
All employees 11am & 4pm
- Employee Appreciation Events
Available to all Employees Holiday social in December
Full-Time: Regular employee averaging 32 or more hours per week after 90 days
Part-Time: Regular employee averaging 31 or fewer hours per week after 90 days
Rate of Pay:
$12.00 - $15.00 per hour + a shared tip pool of $10% of total food sales
Full Time & Part Time
Typical work week Tuesday - Saturday
Governors Club, one of the top private clubs in the country, is currently seeking several highly skilled professionals to join our elite hospitality team. Located in an exclusive gated community in Chapel Hill, Governors Club is recognized as a Distinguished Club of the World, a Platinum Club of America, consistent winner of Best of Chapel Hill Service and Event Space awards. Interested candidates should be dedicated to continuing this tradition of unparalleled service and demonstrate passion for exceeding the membership's expectations.
Governors Club has a vibrant membership - one that is connected with its community and supportive of its employees, through holiday bonuses, scholarships funds, and so much more. Employment at the Club helps individuals advance their careers in a variety of fields.
Our elite service operation includes five different food & beverage outlets in two different clubhouses, throughout the year.
To learn more about Governors Club, please visit our website at www.governorsclubnc.com.