To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work. The sale of donated and new goods at Goodwill Houston (GWH) enables the organization to offer a variety of training and employment services, promote self-sufficiency and contribute to community conservation through repurposing, reusing and recycling.
The HR Recruiter is responsible for recruiting, interviewing and screening of candidates in support of assigned district(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with hiring managers and HR Business Partners within assigned district(s) to determine recruitment needs.
- Coordinates the recruitment of candidates for all job openings within an assigned district(s).
- Conducts pre-screening interviews, interviews, pre-employment background checks and drug screens as required.
- Extends offers of employment to candidates.
- Ensure the legality of interview techniques, questions, reference checks, etc. are in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations and GWH policy and procedure and provides training and guidance to hiring managers.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of job postings and requisitions.
- Assists with administration and efficiency of the online application and hiring systems.
- Ensures that the Onboarding process has been completed and all information has been gathered and disseminated to new Team Members.
- Provides routine status reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Involved in HR assignments and projects as assigned.
- Assists Team Members with routine personnel related questions.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers and employees
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions, adapt to change and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Adheres to all GWH Policies & Procedures, Loss Prevention & Safety Regulations and GWH Guiding Principles.
- Must be punctual and have dependable attendance and maintain an appropriate appearance.
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or a related field is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Offices products.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with a variety of personality types.
- Strong collaborative and presentation skills.
- Ability to work at all levels within the organization.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, up to, 25 lbs.
- Able to spend most working hours at a computer.
I understand this job description, requirements and that I am expected to complete all assigned duties. I understand that the job functions may change, and I may be transferred to another location at the discretion of Management.
I have read this job description, and I will be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without an accommodation.