- Beaumont, TX, USA
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performs entry-level/ routine child support work. Work involves conducting detailed investigations to locate absent parents, establishing paternity; enforcing court orders for child support and/or responding to customer inquiries. Works under close/moderate supervision, with minimal/ limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Prepares documents relating to legal and administrative actions to establish or enforce child support orders
- Negotiates lump sum payments from noncustodial parents who owe past due child/medical support
- Monitors child support cases and refers delinquent cases for the appropriate enforcement action(s)
- Documents all case actions taken using the appropriate agency tools, including but not limited to Texas Child Support Enforcement System (TXCSES), case/court documents
- Reviews and maintains child support virtual files for accuracy in the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) repository
- Reviews cases to determine if the cases are eligible for closure
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
Experience and Education
Experience in interviewing and collections related to child support. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge of child support laws, policies, principles, and practices; and of investigative practices and techniques. Skill in interviewing and conducting investigations, and in operation of computers and applicable computer software. Ability to detect and resolve error conditions, to select and transcribe data, and to communicate effectively.