Accepts merchandise donations according to Goodwill policy and to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill Store to maximize profitability and increase opportunities.
Zip Code: 77025
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Maintain excellent customer relations and able to work weekends.
- Must be able to maintain a cheerful and pleasant disposition when serving customers/donors.
- Loads and sorts materials in trailer/store front according to Goodwill policy and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of donations and issues completed donation receipts to all donors.
- Provides daily reports of trailer/site front status to dispatch.
- Adhere to all Goodwill policies, procedures and regulations.
- Follow all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Responsible for making all store decisions within the framework of our Guiding Donors should be greeted in 10 seconds
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Conduct self in a safe manner; report all work injuries immediately.
- Conduct self in safe manner; report all work injuries immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Guidelines
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Good communication skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with the public and department staff at all times.
Must have reliable transportation.
Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
Free from alcohol and drugs.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets). The employee must also be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Indoor work environment with occasional exposure to outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equipment, Machines, and Tools Used
Employee understands he/she may be transferred to another location at any time at the discretion of the Vice President of Operations and/or the District Sales Manager.