Growing statewide company seeking local Part Time Merchandiser for the Lapeer/Gennesse Area
Starting Pay & Position
- Part time local merchandising position responsible for timely stocking and product handling of all GLWAS merchandise shipped to assigned retail accounts
- 28 hours a week
- $15.00 an hour
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understanding and execution of shelf, display, and cold box standards of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits Co. and its Suppliers as well as the standards set forth by the account including, but not limited to, stocking/" pack outs" when directed.
- All Great Lakes Wine & Spirits Co. products are clean, rotated, and maintained in sale able condition.
- All shelf price tags are correct and in place in a timely manner at the beginning of every month.
- All display pricers are correct and placed with the current pricing.
- Maintains and places all current POS for Great Lakes Wine & Spirits Co. products.
- Treats store managers and customers with respect and professionalism at all accounts.
- Correctly runs work day according to plan.
- Communicates on daily basis with manager.
- Generate positive business building relationship with the Management, Co-Management, Buyer, Owner, or person in charge of making the wine/beverage buying decisions at assigned accounts.
- Maintains good product knowledge on all GLWAS brands and takes initiative to improve overall wine/beverage/category knowledge, while constantly improving appearance of GLWAS items when in an account.
- Minimum age 18
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Pass a drug test at any time during employment
- Follow all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position
- Possess and maintain a safe driving record
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
This position operates in the field, with daily travel, driving in all types of weather. Time is also spent in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment. Work environment will vary based on account stops.
- This is a very active position. The employee must frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop and climb throughout the day.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, and/or move up to 55 pounds and push or pull up to 100 pounds of force on a cart; frequently ascend and descend stairs.
- The employee is regularly required to read, hear, and speak English. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About Great Lakes Wine & Spirits
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan's Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere. Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
GLWAS provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.