About Mountain Valley Express / GLS:
Mountain Valley Express, a GLS Company, is an established provider of time-critical package and freight shipping solutions that has been operating in more than 40 countries across Europe for over 30 years, generating annual revenue totaling well above $4 billion.
We've taken our unique but proven business model stateside, where we intend to shake up the market with a truly combined express parcel, premier less-than-truckload (LTL), dedicated and freight brokerage offering that's faster and more flexible than our competitors'. Our company is currently hiring Drivers to assist in our growth! We offer competitive wages as well as an excellent benefits package!
We passionately believe that our success depends on our customers' success, which informs the 'why' and 'how' of everything we do. At this pivotal stage in our growth journey, we are looking for like-minded individuals to help us build a new kind of logistics company...one that makes customers' lives easier and plays an active role in their achievements.
Available Shift: Monday-Friday; 8-10 hours per shift
Best time for applicants to "walk-in" to apply: 8am-4pm
- New Drivers Welcome
- All applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Valid CDL Class A Driver License with a clean 5-year DMV record, must provide K4
- Must be able to successfully pass drug/physical and background screening
- Hazmat and Doubles Endorsements preferred
- Must be able to drive a Manual Transmission - No Restrictions
- Physical requirements; while performing the duties of the job is to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, push, pull, carry and manipulate large and heavy items.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input "macros" into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Valid truck driving license
- Monday-Friday; 8-10 hours per shift
- Home Daily
- Year Round Work
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Safe Driver Bonus
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
GLS US is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply to at GLS US and we strive to select the best qualified applicant for each position in our organization. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. GLS US complies with all laws and regulations relating to employment discrimination and is always committed to doing what's right.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!