- 30-Jun-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Unalaska, AK, USA
Eligible 2 months after meets full-time eligibility requirements
The Baader Technician works aboard at-sea processing vessels in the Bering Sea, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Alaska and Aleutian Islands. They report to the Lead Baader Technician and work under the Chief Engineer and the Factory Supervisor.They work regularly scheduled 12 hour shifts and may be required to work additional hours due to occasional urgent vessel needs. Shipyard duties to be fulfilled as required or assigned.
They are responsible for the inspection, maintenance and repair of fish processing equipment and machinery located onboard the vessel to achieve the greatest recovery and quality of product. They assist other vessel engineers in the performance of their respective duties and direct the other Baader Assistants on their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess sound mechanical knowledge and experience, preferably from fishing vessels or similar processing equipment
- Familiarization with Baader equipment and systems, ability to recognize normal operation of all equipment.
- Repair and maintain Baader electrical systems, including chain drives, bearings, belt drives, back guides, and bone guides.
- Determine appropriate machine adjustments by working closely with Factory Supervisor and QA.
- Complete product recovery tests as necessary making machine adjustments to ensure desired yield ratios and quality.
- Complete related maintenance documentation which may include machine log books, work orders, test reports, parts inventories and parts orders.
- Train Baader Assistants on proper maintenance and repair procedures and safe and efficient operation procedures.
- Assist Baader Lead in maintaining an adequate and accurate inventory of necessary parts and supplies.
- Uphold and enforce vessel and company safety policies to include all related regulatory requirements (USCG and OSHA) as pertains to Baader equipment.
- Ensures compliance and is knowledgeable and conversant on applicable sections of the Safety Management System.
- Performs emergency duties as identified on Station Bill.
- Strong leadership experience managing a team while working cooperatively with the Factory Manager and Engineering department.
- 5+ years experience in a Baader Technician role onboard a fishing vessel preferred.
Physical Ability and Skills:
- Work 12 hours per day, 7 days a week in all kinds of weather conditions
- Understand instructions and safety rules in English
- Board and exit vessel without assistance by climbing up and down a gangway or Jacob's ladder
- Capable of climbing and descending steep stairs and vertical ladders
- Perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Be away from medical attention for up to 3 months
- Repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Share spaces with others including crew quarters, dining areas and bathrooms
- OSHA Safety Compliance
- Lock Out/Tag Out
Glacier Fish Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.